VMware Communities
Josh_MadMungrel
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Bridged Network works but has issues with Host OS IP address on this network

I am trying to setuup bridged network to host with in this case a Ubuntu Desktop OS to a Windows 10 Host

I understand how to set up bridged nnetwork etc and iot works in terms other PC on this local network can see the VMware Ubuntu system from IP level all OK.

The issue is the host IP can not ping for example the Unbuntu Guest or vice versa

All other PC on the network is ok can ping the Ubuntu guest and guset to other PC / device

Have internet on guets working fine.

Turned off firewalls Windows 10 OS host / and the ubuntu Guest and still no luck ? 

Is there issue with seeing host IP  with VM Ware in bridged Mode ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@Josh_MadMungrel 

Moderator: Please try and create threads in the area for the product used - moved to Workstation Pro Discussions (though you may be using Workstation Player), this has nothing to do with Skyline.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos