VMware Communities
aparnavegendla
Contributor
Contributor

VMware 7 can't connect to internet

hello every one,

I am usin vmware7 for my fedora project. In the beginning i had able to connect to internet but last two weeks i am unable to connect to internet.

I tried with stop & start vmware-tools it doesn't work for me. It shows my wired connection connected, but not working. Please help me for this.

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
elgreco81
Expert
Expert

Hi,

What is your host OS?

What is your VM OS?

Is that issue happening with all of your VMs?

What kind of networking did you configure for your affected VM? (Bridged, NAT, etc)

Regards,

elgreco81

Please remember to mark as answered this question if you think it is and to reward the persons who helped you giving them the available points accordingly. IT blog in Spanish - http://chubascos.wordpress.com
0 Kudos
aparnavegendla
Contributor
Contributor

What is your host OS?

Windows 7 - 64bit . I am using work group .

What is your VM OS?

I am using Fedora vmware image file in vmware7

Is that issue happening with all of your VMs?

No previously it worked fine for same fedora image file . These days i am getting this problem. I just want to solve this rather than trying with using images

again and again.

What kind of networking did you configure for your affected VM? (Bridged, NAT, etc)

NAT , I tried both NAT & bridged. but no luck .

I have attched my network settings for your kind reference.

thank you

0 Kudos
elgreco81
Expert
Expert

Thanks!

I'll show you my configuration (sadly, I have only an Ubuntu desktop in my personal laptop...my Fedora is in my office's laptop)

I see that you have two vNICs. Do you need them? Otherwise, it will be easier to work and diagnose the problem only with one.

Can you ping any internal address like your gateway?

Can you ping your DNS server?

Regards,

elgreco81

Please remember to mark as answered this question if you think it is and to reward the persons who helped you giving them the available points accordingly. IT blog in Spanish - http://chubascos.wordpress.com
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

In case of a NAT network configuration, your network setup does not seem to be correct.

Assuming the NAT network itself is correct 192.168.5.x (please verify in the Virtual Network Editor or by checking VMnet8 on the host running ipconfig /all), the gateway as well as the DNS server address should be 192.168.5.2.

André

0 Kudos
aparnavegendla
Contributor
Contributor

thank you very much for your replies. I have just deleted other virtual machines and used only one it solved my problem. In some cases i have given custom settings to NAT8.

0 Kudos