VMware Communities
sags
Contributor
Contributor

VMware 6 workstation screen disappears in win xp3

I just installed win xp2 and later downloaded xp3..And installed all basic software like office, all drivers)..OS is installed…

Now started installing licensed vmware workstation 6 and 7 from ext hdd.

When I double click on VMware-workstation-6.0.0-45731. Screen gets disappeared.. So tried copying vmware-workstation to local desktop.. Still same issue and some times I see the below error on desktop “windows cannot access the specified path or file you may not have the appropriate” and in vminstutil file I see error BootStrapper: 06/19/10 20:06:20 Failed to create extract directory "C:\DOCUME1\Sag\LOCALS1\Temp\{A3FF5CB2… (183)

Please let me know what I should do to install vmware work station..

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BruceMcMillan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

From your post, you state that you have both Workstation 6 and 7? Do you experience the same problem with Workstation 7?

Are you successful installating programs other than VMware?

0 Kudos
sags
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I tried both 6 and 7.. same issues..

I just today downloaded latest 7 vmware workstation..when i try to launch it" it throws below error

"Windows cannot access the specified path or file you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

0 Kudos
BruceMcMillan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Have you tried installing the software using Run as? Hold down the shift key and do a right click on the installation file. Choose the Run as option and choose the administrator account and then proceed with the installation.

0 Kudos
sags
Contributor
Contributor

yes I ahev done

I have disabled firewalls/ran root kit.. no viruses found..but still no luck,

so tried creating new user account with administrator privileges .. no lck and logged as administrator user launched vmware work station.. still no lck....

any ideas ???

0 Kudos
sags
Contributor
Contributor

Any Luck ???

0 Kudos
BruceMcMillan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you able to install other software programs without problems?

0 Kudos
sags
Contributor
Contributor

Yes,all were installed (antivirus,gtalk,yahoo,Ms office and adobe reder ..etc).I had only problem with vmware work station..

tried downloading new one from vmware site.. still same issue..

Not sure whts happening ...

0 Kudos