VMware Communities
jaraco
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMnet0 consistently reset to "Not bridged" on reboot

Ever since the upgrade to VMWare Workstation 6.5.2, I've noticed that every time I reboot the host machine (Windows Vista 64-bit), the virtual network configuration is lost for VMNet0. I have automatic bridging disabled and under Host Virtual Network Mapping, I have VMnet0 set to bridge to the host's only Ethernet controller. After each reboot, that setting is reverted to "Not bridged" and I'm forced to manually re-associate VMnet0 with the desired adapter. I believe this behavior is new to 6.5.2, though I can't be certain.

Do you have any suggestions on how I might train VMWare Workstation to persist the setting? Is there a log I can check to see why it might be disassociating that adapter?

I reboot the host infrequently, and now that I recognize the problem, it's not a huge issue. I'm primarily interested in reporting this so it can be corrected in a future build.

Jason

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joehecht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have seen this happen on at least 4 diffrent 6.2 upgrades.

The solution for us was to run the installer again, and do a repair. Worked every time.

Hope this helps.

Joe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
joehecht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have seen this happen on at least 4 diffrent 6.2 upgrades.

The solution for us was to run the installer again, and do a repair. Worked every time.

Hope this helps.

Joe

0 Kudos
jaraco
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That fixed it. Thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos