total1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMWorkstation error

It's interesting that I have a valid license to use VMWare v15.x then get an error which directs me to http://www.vmware.com/info?id=7.  I  then login only to not be able to find anything that relates to my VMWare usage even given I was referred here by the VMWare error message.  ;-((

Any rate...

I was in the process of updating my Guest VMWare Win10Pro OS when I received the  error: VMWare Workstation unrecoverable error (unity-helper)

NOT_IMPLEMENTED bora\apps\lib\wui\ipc\ServerConnection.cpp:313

A log file is available in C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\vmware-myname\vmware-unity-helper-24676.log

You can request support.

So, that's what I'm trying to do.

I have a VMWare created ZIP file: vmsupport-2021-07-10-18-52.zip that is greater than 10MB but no place to upload.

What's my next step? Get off of VMWare?

I  currently have Win10Pro 20H2 and wanting to upgrade to current MS updates.  The VMWare error occurs after the Getting Things Ready download and then attempts to install the MS update.

Host:

16GB; 2TB SSD with about 200GB free [Just updated to lastest MS updates a couple hours ago which required a restart]

Guest:

C: 250GB with about 139GB free

😧(System Reserved) 44.9MB with about 13.4MB free

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I’ve reported your thread asking moderators to move it to the correct area for Workstation, seeing as your question is not about the Converter SDK.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wila
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

The community here is just volunteers, not official support.
Most people down here don't even work for VMware.

Are you using the latest VMware Workstation 15.x version?

If not, then first download and install Workstation 15.5.7 for windows

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos