VMware Communities
ronny79
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare workstation slow and lagging help?

Hello, I am new to VMware workstation and have been trying to install MacOS BigSur on VM Workstation, and it proceeds to install, but makes my computer really slow and with glitches. I have finished the installation process, but then once it is finished it loops back to the beginning of installation where it says choose your language. Not sure how to fix this if it is possible.

My specs are: Windows 10 Pro

Intel core i7-2600 cpu 3.40GHz 4 cores

HP   h8-1160t  x64   8GB Ram

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andrewreid91
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can you try following this example and see if it works. Just start fresh and use the unlocker 3.0 

<Link removed by Moderator>

View solution in original post

6 Replies
andrewreid91
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have you installed the macOS unlocker V3 for VMware ?  

ronny79
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have installed the unlocker extension but I think it is version 2.0

I have got it to run a little less slow by changing how much ram the VM is running compared to my host system.

When it finishes installing, it is stuck on "less than one minute remaining" screen when loading.

0 Kudos
andrewreid91
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can you try following this example and see if it works. Just start fresh and use the unlocker 3.0 

<Link removed by Moderator>

andrewreid91
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It is against Apple policy to run the OS on anything other then Apple hardware so this post might get removed. But just look around online, with a little bit of work I'm sure you will get it if you follow a tutorial. Check Youtube or the link I sent above. 

ronny79
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Okay thank you. I will try to look around and thank you for the link.

andrewreid91
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cool, no worries.