VMware Communities
cconnor2
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Workstation 6

I have multiple vmware clients installed on my 2003 server, it is a domain controller running AD but no dhcp etc

I am trying to run an msi installer on my vmware 6 workstation which is residing on my server (Same box basically)

I am getting an error when it tries to install saying 'cannot read from the specified file'

I have checked everything i can possily think of but cannot get it to work

I had no issues with my other server which had 6 vmware sessions all running pointsec with no issues what so ever?

Same software just a new server?

Please help

Thanks in advance

Carl

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Beerdy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you running the msi on the Virtual Machine from a UNC path or a mapped drive? If so have you tried copying it to the virtual machine and running it.

cconnor2
Contributor
Contributor

The recomendations are not exactly flooding in for this one!

Tried mapping the drive which is fine. Can read the same install file on another vmware machine (on a different box) no problem

Issue must be in vmware somewhere

0 Kudos
Peter_vm
Immortal
Immortal

Disable TCP Chimney on host OS.

cconnor2
Contributor
Contributor

Disabled TCP Chimney and installed SP2 on the client. Still same issue when trying to run the msi file over Term Services, copied the file locally to run it although the msi file is intended to run over the network. Obviously this is something within Windows\Virtual Network or something altogether different Smiley Happy

Thanks for all your input

Carl

0 Kudos