VMware Communities
bcahill
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Workstation 4.0

I have two laptops running VMWare Workstation 4.0. On each laptop are two virtual servers using NAT. Is there anyway to get four VMs connected? Can this be done without using the bridged network? I have been reading the manual and I see port forwarding as an option with the NAT configuration but I haven’t been able to get it to work. Any recommendations?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
T_I_Oldknow
Contributor
Contributor

I'd recommend upgrading to latest VMware Workstation 5.5.3.

0 Kudos
KevinG
Immortal
Immortal

If you already have virtual machine using NAT networking, all you have to do with the new virtual machines is configure their virtual network adapter to also use NAT. They can all communicate over the virtual switch vmnet8

0 Kudos
bcahill
Contributor
Contributor

But two of the virtual machines are on one physical laptop and the other two virtual machines are on another physical laptop. I would like all four to communicate without using bridged networking.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Please give more details on exactly what you want to do. Most likely you CAN use NAT - and Kevin has told you what to do (and it seems you've read the user manual as well). Can you tell us what isn't working?

Also, you may want to update to the latest 4.x revision - 4.5.3... several changes including security patches to the VMware NAT service.

0 Kudos