VMware Communities
PCerkv
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Workstation 16.2 crashes after Simatic TIA portal v16 or v17 run

I have made a upgrade VMWare Workstation from 16.1.2 to 16.2. When i run Simatic TIA portal V16 or V17 VMWare crash - stops working and is not abble to STOP - POWER down virtual machine. I need to go to processes in stop VMWare process - service.

14 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is that software running in a VM or on the host?

What is the host OS / version?

What is the OS / version inside the VM?

Can you post a screenshot? That often helps...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
PCerkv
Contributor
Contributor

Simatic TIA portal v16 or v17 run VM

On host is Windows 11 PRO  21H2, but no mater i have try also under windows 10 21H1

Version inside the VM is   Windows 10 21H1

Screen of VM freez and the only way to power down VM is shut down a task in windows process screen. Strange!

CPU on host is busy 23% with VM and 12GB RAM is accessible.

I have downgrade VM from 16.2 back to 16.1.2 and all is OK , .. i need to program my application on TIA.

AndreaClamer
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem after upgrading to lastest versione WorkStation, Version is 16.2.0 build-18760230

It's critical, loosing a lot of time.

Andrea Clamer

Lithium1956
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. How do I go back to 16.1.2 ?  The 16.2 sucks !!

0 Kudos
PCerkv
Contributor
Contributor

Problem solved!

Uncheck - remove selection  at Settings - Display - 3D graphics - Accelerate 3D graphics and go to work.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
e4
Contributor
Contributor

Hallo

I have the same problem , but remove "Accelerate 3D graphics" selection it doesn't fix it.

PCerkv
Contributor
Contributor

No, my last answer was not correct! After one day i have same problems like before. So for now is the best to use VM v16.1.2. I have looking at windows events, when VM freez, a seconds before crash Wincc flexible SQL. What is the cose ???

RenerM
Contributor
Contributor

I also tried to limit the graphics memory available and it seems to help to keep the guest usable for a couple of hours longer, but it's pretty random on when the issue is generated...
It's very frustrating!

0 Kudos
Ilenia1
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem using Embarcadero, VM Freeze after 5/10 minuts and the only solution is kill the process and restart all !

0 Kudos
CKF_1
Contributor
Contributor

Any update on a solution, this is very frustrating!

0 Kudos
CKF_1
Contributor
Contributor

I have found running the Guest within VM Player rather than VM Workstation has worked for me.

0 Kudos
Jeff-Zhang
Contributor
Contributor

Have U try uninstall VMware tools and reinstall it.

As I finish reinstall VMware tools I didn't fined any crashes yet.    Also for my Catia vs VMware.  

0 Kudos
russo121
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I had some problems and I saw somewhere in a forum (I can't remember) to put this parameter into vmx file:

isolation.tools.hgfs.oplockmonitor.enable = "FALSE"

Since then I never had any more trouble.

0 Kudos
lorenbmcp
Contributor
Contributor

This bug has not been fixed.  I have the same issue and it doesn't matter what application is running in the VM.

Some more information for VMware:

If I "End Task" for VMWare Workstation, then start it again and try to power on a VM, I get error "Failed to connect to virtual machine: All pipe instances are busy."

0 Kudos