VMware Communities
Nilexion
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Workstation 15.5 Pro - Operating system not found

I am trying to create a virtual machine for Mac OS High Sierra, everything works properly except when I load up the machine it says "No boot filename received" and "Operating System not found". I have gone in the settings and "Connect on power up" is turned on, "Connected" is grayed out. I don't know what else I can do.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You are only legally permitted to run macOS on official Apple hardware on either VMware Fusion or ESXi. Doing otherwise is a violation of the EULAs of both Apple and VMware. As a result, we cannot help you with your question here.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Please note the following:

1. Threads should be created in the area for the product you are using, I have moved this thread to what would have been the correct area: Workstation Pro

2. Please do not create duplicate threads. The second thread you created 1 hour after this has been archived.

3. Running MacOS on VMware Workstation is a violation of the Apple EULA as you must be running Apple hardware, this topic cannot be discussed here.

Thread locked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos