VMware Communities
Netsmage
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMWare Workstation 15.5.2 Pro - VPN disconnecting other users

Hello and good morning all,

We are currently running into an issue with the following.

We have 6-7 users all using a 'Shared VM'. Each user has their OWN dedicated 'Shared VM', and only they have access to it.

Each 'Shared VM' was made off 1 Master Virtual Machine. So they all have the same configurations, as they are in fact full copy clones, not linked.

The problem we are having is whenever users try and connect to a VPN via PulseSecure, they are kicking one another off the VPN. There is something in PulseSecure thats treating each VM as identical.

I have created new MAC addresses for each new VM, and I have tried Bridged and NAT and neither seem to resolve the issue.

This is a big thorn in our side and would love to see if anyone here knew what PulseSecure may be identifying as the Unique property within the system so I can break this link.

Thank you to all whom take the time to respond to this thread.

V/R

Robert

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Netsmage
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I wanted to take the time and respond to this and answer my own question as I just figured it out, and tested the fix/solution and verified it works.

1.) Open Services, and STOP Pulse Secure

2.) Close PulseSecure from system tray "exit"

3.) Open up Task Manager, and ensure all instances of PulseSecure are closed.

4.) Open Registry Editor and navigate to: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Pulse Secure\Device Id

5.) Delete the registry KEY 'DeviceId', not the folder

6.) Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Pulse Secure\ConnectionStore

7.) EDIT with Text Editor connstore.dat, and find the line:

machine "local" {

guid: "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

pulse-language: "en-US"

}

8.) Delete the guid property, leave the rest and save the file.

9.) Restart PulseSecure service

10.) Open back up PulseSecure desktop client. You should now have a new GUID created. You can verify the key entered in the registry OR the .dat file after to ensure your guid has changed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Netsmage
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I wanted to take the time and respond to this and answer my own question as I just figured it out, and tested the fix/solution and verified it works.

1.) Open Services, and STOP Pulse Secure

2.) Close PulseSecure from system tray "exit"

3.) Open up Task Manager, and ensure all instances of PulseSecure are closed.

4.) Open Registry Editor and navigate to: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Pulse Secure\Device Id

5.) Delete the registry KEY 'DeviceId', not the folder

6.) Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Pulse Secure\ConnectionStore

7.) EDIT with Text Editor connstore.dat, and find the line:

machine "local" {

guid: "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

pulse-language: "en-US"

}

8.) Delete the guid property, leave the rest and save the file.

9.) Restart PulseSecure service

10.) Open back up PulseSecure desktop client. You should now have a new GUID created. You can verify the key entered in the registry OR the .dat file after to ensure your guid has changed.