VMware Communities
randhir_c
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Workstation 12 Pro: No internet connection on guest .

Hi friends,

I have installed wmware workstaton 12 pro on window 10 operating system as a host . Anybody told me how to connect the physical network to vm network.

please guide me how  would  i do that.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
randhir_c
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for reply kavin.

In our case i have created the virtual machine with server 2012  at  vmware workstation 12pro . During the virtual machine installation i had selected the NAT network.

But when did i add  two vm network in  gust system operating system  one is NAT(for Internal networking) and other is host-only for external network.

Would you guide me  step by step configuration for external networking.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kevinpower
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

While making a vm, you can choose a few network options.

• Bridged networking
  • Host-only networking
  • Network Address Translation (NAT) networking

For connection the vm direct with your Nic, the best solution is the bridge mode.

While choosing for vmnext3, you must install the VMware tools on the Server/desktop running in VMware workstation

Networking options in VMware Workstation and Fusion - Support Insider - VMware Blogs

Good Luck!

Greetz,

Kevin

0 Kudos
randhir_c
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for reply kavin.

In our case i have created the virtual machine with server 2012  at  vmware workstation 12pro . During the virtual machine installation i had selected the NAT network.

But when did i add  two vm network in  gust system operating system  one is NAT(for Internal networking) and other is host-only for external network.

Would you guide me  step by step configuration for external networking.

0 Kudos