VMware Communities
Colbs50
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Workstation 11 Mouse issues

I've been having mouse and Keyboard issues with VMWare workstation for a while now so I thought I'd reach out for some help.

I have several Virtual Machines (Linux, Windows 8, Windows Server), neither of which will capture the host Mouse or Keyboard. I upgraded to Workstation 11 thinking that would fix it but it did not. I manually upgraded the Enhanced Keyboard Driver which now allows the Keyboard to work within the VM. Mouse still broken - I can see the cursor but it doesn't move. I try Ctrl + G, doesn't work. I tried reinstalling VMWare tools but you need to have access to the Guest OS to do that. I tried installing Windows 10 VM last night but couldn't get past the setup wizrd because the Mouse won't work.

Is this a problem with my host mouse driver? It's just a regular USB Mouse. Are there VM Ware Drivers specific to the mouse. Please help, because google doesn't. I don't want to switch everything to Hyper-V

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunyj
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

HI buddy,

What is your preference setting like below:

preferences.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sunyj
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

HI buddy,

What is your preference setting like below:

preferences.png

0 Kudos
TracyHuang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your posting!

Would you please provide more information regarding the issue:

1. What's your host OS?

2. What's your Hardware configuration? E.g, the Mouse model. And it would be better if you can screenshot the device manager's configuration (If windows host)

3. Would you please try to new install a vm to see wether the issue occurs or not? If still can reproduce on new installed vm, would you please right-click mouse to check the vmware tool's status when VM is powered on (please see below picture FYI)

0 Kudos
Colbs50
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It worked by switching to Automatic, but not consistently. If I release and grab input again, the mouse is gone... It must be lost within the dimensions of the other monitor

0 Kudos