VMware Communities
Miratro
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Workstation 10 doesnt connect to the internet

English:

I got 6 VM's and i accidently moved some VM Folders from my Documents Folder from C/ to D/. When i tried starting a VM it said something is missing to start. So i moved the Folders back, which i moved from C to D. Now VM could start, but the new problem was, that it doesnt connect to the Internet anymore. I tried to do something in the Settings and i changed "Bridged: Connected directly to the physical network" to "Custom: Specific Virtual Network - VMnet 0/1(Host-Only)/2". None of them worked, well actually it said, that there is a Internet Connection, but i couldnt get into Internet Explorer. Any ideas, what i can do?

Im using XP SP3 on the VM's and my computer has Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

German:

Ich habe 6 VM`'s und habe ausversehen ein paar Datein aus meinem Dokumenten Ordner auf der C Fesplatte auf die D Festplatte verschoben. Nachdem ich versucht hab danach die VMs zu starten, wollten sie nicht. Es spuckte mir irgendeinen Error aus, dass irgendwas fehlte. Also verschob ich die Dateien aus der D wieder genau an den selben Ordner wie vorher auf der C. Die VM's konnten auch problemlos starten, doch das nächste Problem war, dass sie keine Internetverbindung mehr reinbekamen. Ich habe wie oben genannt auch in den Einstellungen versucht bisschen was zu ändern, doch alles erfolgslos. Was kann ich machen?

Ich benutze XP SP3 auf den VM's und auf dem Computer nutze ich Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Hard to say without some further details. As a first step, please post the output of ipconfig /all for the host ((Win 7) and the guest (win XP) to see whether this gives some clues about what's wrong.

André

0 Kudos
Miratro
Contributor
Contributor

Where i find this output? Maybe u can help me via TeamViewer?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You need to open a command prompt (Eingabeaufforderung) to run the command. Then copy and paste the text output to a reply post.

André

0 Kudos