VMware Communities
Kenny782
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Wkstn 7 Install - error 1935

I'm trying to load the VMWare Workstation 7 trial.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on an intel chip.

All the latest updates, AV disabled.

Event ID 11935

Product: VMware Workstation -- Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {8731EA9C-B0D8-8F16-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x80070BC9. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, assembly name: Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762"

Not sure why the log mentions amd64?

Thanks,

Kenny

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
golddiggie
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

What processor are you running? RAM installed in the system?

Have you tried extracting the installer from the exe and running it that way?

To do that, you'll need to open a command window, navigate to the directory where you downloaded the installer to, and then use the following command: VMware-workstation-full-7.0.0-203739.exe /extract "<Folder Name>" Replace "<Folder Name>" with just that, the name of a folder that the extract process will create to house the files. once you've done that, and it's extracted all the files (give it a few minutes) use either the msi or exe installer contained within the folder. When the extract is completed, there should be 71 files in the directory created...

VMware VCP4

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
golddiggie
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

What processor are you running? RAM installed in the system?

Have you tried extracting the installer from the exe and running it that way?

To do that, you'll need to open a command window, navigate to the directory where you downloaded the installer to, and then use the following command: VMware-workstation-full-7.0.0-203739.exe /extract "<Folder Name>" Replace "<Folder Name>" with just that, the name of a folder that the extract process will create to house the files. once you've done that, and it's extracted all the files (give it a few minutes) use either the msi or exe installer contained within the folder. When the extract is completed, there should be 71 files in the directory created...

VMware VCP4

0 Kudos
Kenny782
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HP Pavillion DV6700

Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2Ghz

3GB RAM

I'll try the extract now.

I actually tried earlier WinRAR can usually extract most sfx installers.

I didn't know the cmd line switch to extract it.

Thanks,

Kenny

0 Kudos
golddiggie
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

While I love WinRAR for many things, I don't think it does a proper job on the VMware installer extract. I've used WinRAR on many other installers, mostly driver installs when building system images (uploading the driver contents to a UNC share for deployment with the image for HII).

I have seen times where the automatic extract in the WS7 product either has issues, or there are permission glitches to the default destination. Often, extracting the files manually, and then executing them, provides a resolution to the issue.

VMware VCP4

continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

try "VMware Workstation... blabla.exe" /e .\temp-setup

and run the msi from there

VMX-parameters- Workstation FAQ -[ MOA-liveCD|http://sanbarrow.com/moa241.html] - VM-Sickbay

Kenny782
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That did it. Thanks to both of you Smiley Happy

-Kenny

0 Kudos
golddiggie
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I prefer to force it into a directory of my selection... I do like having it outside of the temp realm too... Means its a snap to locate later, and you know it's done when you see all 71 files within that directory... using the command window (or run I suppose) you don't even need to type everything in manually... Just hit the tab key after you started typing... It goes to the first item that starts the same way. Add more characters to refine the result further, or to hit your target.

I like the new cmd window in Win7 too... I've 'customized' the default window to be larger than what it would normally be... :smileygrin:

VMware VCP4

0 Kudos
golddiggie
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Excellent..

It's a good thing to remember for future use too...

VMware VCP4

0 Kudos
Kenny782
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yeah I extract alot of installers when I can.

Mostly because I get sick of waiting for the damn extraction everytime I run them.

And the compression is usually next to nothing as was the case with VMWare.

0 Kudos
golddiggie
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I typically do it with WinRAR since the drivers I'm extracting are not for the hardware I'm using... Such as working with one model desktop but extracting drivers for 10 different makes, and models, of laptops, and another 8-12 desktops/workstations too... If I was to try the default extraction mode on most drivers exe files, I'd have a hosed system in no time at all. It's also not something you can really do on a VM. I have made the base image on a VM before though, so it has very little in it for drivers. Less to strip out before going through the sysprep process. Taking a snapshot also makes recovery faster in case you forget something, or have an issue.

VMware VCP4

0 Kudos
Kenny782
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Plus half the time you just want the drivers not the worthless utilities the installer forces you to install

0 Kudos
golddiggie
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Or the drivers for one or two OS's and not a dozen...

I take pride in the way system images are deployed when I create them, and the scripts/process that drives them. I don't bloat the image with every make/model driver in the environment. I have scripts inject the drivers for the correct make/model during the imaging process (post image lay-down, before the first reboot). I also set Windows to use a designated (the injected) directory to look for all the hardware drivers. This typically makes the images about 2-4GB smaller. Not to mention deploying the images are faster since there's less data to transfer to the target.

VMware VCP4

0 Kudos
MarkFowler
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have got the same error number as at the start of the thread

"Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {9DA4DC8A-9731-3F0E-8BD5-FC17CA6848AD}. HRESULT: 0x800736FD. "

I followed the extract instructions above and ran " vmware workstation.msi", I then got a different error "error 25011. unable to configure the host agent service" , I got this error twice, it then seemed to continue for a while before giving me the same original error as above. I think that when it continued it was installing the eclipse debug stuff.

The down load file is " VMware-workstation-full-7.1.0-261024.exe"

Windows 7 ultimate

64 bit

intel(R) core(TM) i7 930

6GB ram

GA-X58A-UD3R mother board ( Virtualization is enabled)

All MS patches applied

Any assistance would be appreciated

Mark

0 Kudos
Coded
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I installed workstation 7 about a month or two ago on Windows 7 64. Machine is a Dell

Optiplex with Intel i7 and 8GB RAM. Today I was prompted to upgrade, and am now

receiving this error:

Error 1935. An error occured during the installation of assembly

component {9DA4DC8A-9731-3FOE-8BD5-FC17CA6848AD}. HRESULT: 0x80070091

THE MSI

'C:\Users\Coded\AppData\Local\Temp\vmware_128171528\vwmare\workstation.msi' failed.

I was able to find the VMware-workstation-7.1.1-282343 Application in

C:\Users\Coded\AppData\Local\VMware\vmware-download-0D0C\cdstmp_3340_1

I tried relaunching the app as myself(I have admin rights) as well as right clicking

and using the "Run as Admin" option. Both continue to give the above error.

So now the older working version is un-installed and the new one won't install.

Then I tried the /extract cmd switch and was able to view the contents. Which brings

up a question.....Does it matter which app is launched from there. I see the following:

vmware worksation (msi)

windowsinstaller20 (exe)

windowsinstaller31 (exe)

VMware-workstation-7.1.1-282343 (exe)

I launched the msi and then received the folowing error:

It appears that you have uninstalled a VMware product without rebooting your machine.

This installation cannot continue until you have rebooted. NOTE: I did reboot the

machine after it uninstalled during the initial update, and both attempts at re-running

VMware-workstation-7.1.1-282343 failed. So I am also a bit confused about this error,

but I will continue on.

After another reboot and another attempt at executing the msi file, the install gave me

the the following error:

Error 25011. Unable to configure the Host Agent Service

However, "The installation wizard has successfully installed VMware Workstation. Click

Finish to exit the wizard" Reboot number 3, lol.

VMWare started up and saw all of my machines as well as brought them out of their

suspended state. I was immediately prompted to update vmware tools for linux. Which

did complete successfully. (no errors)

I guess my biggest concerns are:

Can I expect this each time I have to update VMWare? (Error 1935)

What Host Service Agent failed to start, and do I need to do anything to fix it?

Thanks in advance. This thread did help me get VMWare up and running again!

0 Kudos
ejweing
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Similar to the previous user, I'm running Windows 7 Professional - 64bit. I was running fine on VMware Workstation 7.1.0 until I was prompted to upgrade to the latest and greatest. My hardwareis a Lenovo laptop x200 Tablet with Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (L9400) with 4 GB RAM.

I am now receiving Error 1935. An error occured during the installation of assembly component {D2730D3F-3C41-5884-A01F-C88389A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x800703F9. This is the latest result after following the instructions listed in the prior post regarding extracting the .exe and executing the .msi . I did this from a command prompt that is Running as Administrator. I am using VMware-workstation-7.1.1-282343.exe, but also have tried the -Full- version with similar results.

At his point, I'm still uninstalled. Do you have any suggestions where I go from here? I was going to open a support incident, but I suspect my support expired in error on 8/31. I'm also concerned having these issues for every update.

I'm still without VMware Workstation.

0 Kudos
Ty1on
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've received the exact same error.

I purchased VMWare online and I would like, for obvious reasons for this program to work.

0 Kudos