VMware Communities
alexgeg80
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Failing to Open for Mac OS VMachine

I upgraded from VMWare Workstation 12 Player to VMWare Workstation 14 Player on Windows 7 this week. The Virtual Machines all started and ran perfectly until my computer shutdown (laptop out of power). I did not have a chance to properly shutdown the VM. Ever since that faulty shutdown, none of the virtual machines have loaded.

There are no lck files to delete. It isn't trying to boot from a corrupted suspended state. If I run any VM, including one which was not loaded during that faulty shutdown, then they turn on briefly, show the OS logo, go black, then the entire Player crashes & closes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling VMWare. Nothing seems to have any effect.

Looking forward to seeing if anyone can solve this.

Thanks

9 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Sorry, you're running MacOS inside VMware Player on Windows 7. Doing so means you have violated the EULA of Apple and VMware (and have had to hack this to get it to work). This is obviously illegal and so we cannot and will not help you with your problem here.

0 Kudos
alexgeg80
Contributor
Contributor

I only brought my PC with me for work and need to access a file through Xcode which only runs on Mac OS. Yes, Mac OS is the VM. Any feedback is appreciated.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I'm sorry, but that's still a violation. It would have to have been hacked to run on that platform anyway, so our policy still stands.

0 Kudos
alexgeg80
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry, but this still affects the entire VMWare community. You may not like it, but we need an answer, for the good of the community.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

The entire VMware community do not hack an OS to run on an unsupported platform, so no, it doesn't. When you violate the EULA of multiple companies and apply a hack to circumvent various protections, you do not receive support or assistance from a site run and maintained by the vendor whose policy you have flouted.

0 Kudos
alexgeg80
Contributor
Contributor

If you don't have anything helpful to say, then go somewhere else, please. No one cares for your answers.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You're clearly not happy, but that can't be helped. Running a hacked OS on an unsupported platform constitutes a violation of multiple EULAs and the members of this community cannot be complicit in said violation. You'll have to help yourself.

0 Kudos
alexgeg80
Contributor
Contributor

Better yet, you're blocked. You can spend your time bothering others. Looking through your responses, it truly seems like you don't have much of a life considering all you do is post the same message across many different posts. Best of luck, you're now blocked. Thanks.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hello,

Unfortunately Apple does not allow you to run a virtual macOS or OS X on non-Apple branded hardware.

Since this violates Apple's EULA (and as such the VMware Community Terms of Use), any issues you have with trying to run macOS or OS X using VMware Workstation or VMware Workstation Player cannot be discussed at this forum.

You'll need to have apple hardware and use a product like VMware Fusion or VMware ESXi and run a virtual copy of macOS / OS X on that in order for us to be able to help you.

In addition as your reply to a respected volunteer helping out at this forum who already has tried to explain to you that we are not able to answer your question at this forum is pretty personal instead of technical, this thread is now locked.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva