VMware Communities
vmwarejockey
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare DHCP and NAT Service on Windows 8.1

I just installed VMWare Workstation v. 10.0.1-1379776 on a brand new installation of Windows 8.1 Enterprise and I noticed that the VMWare DHCP and NAT Services were missing from the Services Control Panel.

This is actually the second time that this has occurred to me.  The earlier time this had occurred was when I upgraded my installation from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.

I originally thought that this was a result of the Windows 8.1 upgrade, however, now that this has occurred on a fresh installation, I am beginning to think it is an innate problem/defect with the VMWare 10.0.1 installation package on Windows 8.1.

I have been able to resolve this through a Repair of the installation but I am curious as to whether or not anyone else has experienced this problem?

Will there be an update by VMWare to rectify or remedy this issue in a future installation package?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
rachelsg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Welcome to the communities.

please share your NIC details ,of it works after repair then must probably driver related problem.

0 Kudos
vmwarejockey
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

This seems to be a perpetual problem with VMWare Workstation 10.01 and Windows 8.1 (I keep losing my VMWare DHCP and NAT Services).

This did not seem to occur when using VMWare Workstation 9 or 10 (not 10.01) on Windows 8.

Please advise.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos