VMware Communities
mmcdermott1
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare 17 Workstation Dual Monitor issue

I am new to the VM World but just installed 17 workstation. I have a Sidetrak USB monitor that works perfectly fine outside of VM. However, when I go into VM, it acts like it is cutting off the left half of my main laptop display (display 1). The Sidetrack (display 2) works fine. If i take my mouse pointer all the way to the right side of display 1 and slowly move to the left towards the Sidetrak, at about half way across the mouse jumps to display 2. It's like VM doesn't understand the size of my laptop monitor or something. I have played with all the display settings in VM but I cannot figure out why it's cuttting half the main display off. 

My desktop icons and everything are still in place. It isn't physically shrinking what the screen looks like, it's just the mouse that acts like the left half of the display isn't there. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As your post needs moving to the area for Workstation Pro, I have reported it to the moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos