VMware Communities
KariP
Contributor
Contributor

VMWARE workstation on WinXP - unrecoverable error (.vmx)

Hi,

don't quite know what happened but I haden't worked with the Virtual PC for a couple of hours and perhaps this was when I tried to close the VM I received this "unrecoverable error". Anyway, the VM doesn't start only shows the "unrecoverable error" with this text: NOT_REACHED d:/build/ob/bora-126130/bora/lib/disklib/sparseChecker.c:1449 and then text aboutthe log files location.

Having a presentation in three-four hourers using this VM is making life not-fun. Can anyone help me with this......

tia,

kp

ps. attached is the log file

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KariP
Contributor
Contributor

one more thing: looking at the VM from the setup it appears that one of the three disk in the VM has a size of 0 KB.

When selecting that file the application tells that "The file specified file it is not a virtual disk". The two other files are ok.

In addition, I have one snapshot but can live without it.

kp

0 Kudos
KevinG
Immortal
Immortal

From the error you have a corrupted or missing virtual disk

Do you have a backup of this virtual machine?

Post the .vmx file from the virtual machine

Post the list of files in the virtual machine directory and include their file size

0 Kudos
KariP
Contributor
Contributor

Kevin,

thank you for your message. I managed to fix it around 04:00 bycreating a new VM and assigning different vmx-files to the VM.

As I was quite desparate at that point I can't quit recall what I did but something like this:

Assign the files to the newly created VM in that kind of fashion that I did it get to see that it was a live. As the VM has Oracle database the Oracle istallation was corrupted (out of sync) so this was no good.

But this allowed me to remove the snapshot, restart the system and now the VM & Oracle seemed to be ok.

My plane is now leaving in a hour so testing time has been minimal - let's hope for the best.

If you want , I can attache the .vmx files but they are quite big , total of 30GB.

Cheers,

kp

0 Kudos