0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@rk72458 

VMs are just a bunch of files, and newer versions of Workstation can run older version VMs - so yes you should be fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@rk72458 

Moderator: Please be specific which VMware product you are using, and give detail as to what your question is or what help you need.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
rk72458
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Present time i have VMARE 8.0 on my Computer.
I will upgrage to 16.0 Pro.
Is there any possibiity to upgrade without loosing my old datas ?

Will the new version recognize the old vmdk on the virtual partition and change it to the new one.

Thanks 
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@rk72458 
Moderator: Moved to Workstation Pro Discussions - not related to Nested Virtualisation

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@rk72458 

VMs are just a bunch of files, and newer versions of Workstation can run older version VMs - so yes you should be fine.

0 Kudos
rk72458
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot.

It works fine !!

0 Kudos