VMWARE 16.1.2 on Windows 11 host

Can't load a WINDOWS 10 guest on a Windows 11 host

carlossmneto_0-1624927362132.png

Tags (1)
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've not seen anything which suggests Windows 11 is supported as a host OS yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
carlossmneto
Contributor
Contributor

I know. I'm using the Dev Channel. Will it be a vmware compatible with Windows 11? I never had this kind of problem with Windows 7, 8 and 10 (with exeception of enabled Device Guard)

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I am sure that a future version of Workstation will have Windows 11 support as a host OS and guest OS, but haven't read anything about when that might be.

@Mikero is the authority on that...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
FZRacer1
Contributor
Contributor

The answer to my work station issues is to never accept an upgrade from Microsoft as they have extremely poor development and test practices.  You would think that in a world of ever so present virtual machinery, that these fools at Microsoft would get there act together. They ram these untested upgrades down your throat and offer no real support when they trash your machine. You can play games with scheduling and services to stop these berating upgrades or should I say down grades functionally, the real answer is to not be rude and invasive with so called changes that have no real value. In short, everything I do that faces the web is done with VM's and their upgrade crippled me in the middle of the night. Is there a simple fixed or did I lose it in translation.  

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

If I understand your post correctly you say:
a wise man disables automatic updates/upgrades no matter if they come from Microsoft or VMware.
Yet you say:
In short, everything I do that faces the web is done with VM's and their upgrade crippled me in the middle of the night.
What went wrong ? - shall we send flowers or barbwire ?
Sorry - I dont get it

Ulli

0 Kudos