VMware Communities
mlocky
Contributor
Contributor

VM16 pro grab and ungrab mouse between host and guest

Hello i am new to VMware workstation and i have a slight problem.

I am running a set up of dual monitors with one pc. My right monitor the host and the left one i run the guest. When i click in my right monitor the host, and move my mouse to the left screen the guest, i need to make one extra click in order to grab the mouse. When i move the mouse from guest to host it works properly. I checked the Automatically grab and ungrab the mouse but it doesnt work. My pc runs windows 10 and my vmware workstation is 16.1. Thank you

Labels (1)
  • VM

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MSKS
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am having the same issue as above. When I switch from host to guest I need a mouse click to grab the mouse to guest, while this is not the case in the opposite direction. I have both "Grab keyboard and mouse input on mouse click" and "Automatically grab and ungrab the mouse" selected. When I deselect the first setting only, I need to use Ctrl-G to grab the guest. 

The ideal would be a seamless switching between the host and the guest, without having to press the mouse button when entering the guest window. I have Windows 10 in my host and VMware Tools installed in guest.

Thank you!

murdog3
Contributor
Contributor

I'd love to see a solution to this. Oracle VirtualBox does this nicely

Tags (3)
0 Kudos