VMware Communities
scottjcomputer
Contributor
Contributor

VM workstation will not send Ctrl Alt del?

VM workstation will not send Ctrl Alt del?  Did a p2v of win7 workstation and everything goes fine, copy down to win10 workstation and load into VM Workstation 14 and it will simply not pass a ctrl alt del and ctrl alt insert does not work as well?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TreborG2
Contributor
Contributor

You use CTRL+ALT+Insert instead.

Just like with Windows RDP you'd use CTRL+ALT+END .. but in this case... its Insert  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
scottjcomputer
Contributor
Contributor

Right, none of that works, the Send Ctrl alt del button doesnt work, insert, end, PrintSc, nothing works...........on screen keyboard doesnt work, remotely editing the local security policy to not require Ctrl Alt Del is the only way to bypass this issue, but I want a solution

0 Kudos
TreborG2
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, misread .. thought you were only looking for the normal replacement keys.

Did you check preferences for keyboard capture?

Under 14 I'm having problems with mouse .. so have been playing there trying to see if that has effect.  Otherwise I've not had problems like this in the 12.x versions so it may be something VMware needs to redress in a Tools Update.

For the mouse problem .. I'm finding I have to "release" with CTRL ALT and then re-left-click, its hot-spot highlighting, just not taking normal left click.

0 Kudos