VMware Communities
Faize
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VM won't start

Whenever I try to start the VM, I either get "Internal Error" or "Cannot find a valid peer process to connect to". Does anyone have any ideas on what might be wrong?

The host is Windows 8.1 and the guest is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I'm running Workstation 10.0.1.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Faize
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Whoops, I totally forgot about this thread.

Anyways, it turns out the problem is the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework conflicting with WorkstationI. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the conflict is...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you provide the log files?

Also, Can you stop Workstation and restart the services and try if it works. If you have just one machine that is.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Reboot the Host and then try starting the Virtual Machine again.  If it fails at that point then use the Collect Support Information command from the Help menu and attach the Support file to a reply.

Note: Use the "Use advanced editor" link in the upper right corner of the normal reply window to bring up the Advanced Editor where you'll be able to attach files via the Choose File button or Browse button (depending on the Browser) above the Post Message button!

0 Kudos
Faize
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unfortunately, rebooting did not solve the issue. I've attached the support data zip file.

0 Kudos
Faize
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Bump. Anybody?

0 Kudos
Faize
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Whoops, I totally forgot about this thread.

Anyways, it turns out the problem is the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework conflicting with WorkstationI. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the conflict is...

0 Kudos