VMware Communities
ajayrawat111
Contributor
Contributor

VM ware client is not getting ip address form DHCP host.

Hi All,

I have installed windows server 2012 and install vmware workstation . On it i have install windows 10 and   joined it to  domain

For some reason its not taking ip address form dhcp server. It setup in bridge mode by below configuration

scope 192.168.0.111 to 192.168.0.130

router :  192.168.0.1

vmware network connection bridge is in automatic

Really Really appreciate any help. 

7 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Do not use automatic bridging.

Assign the physical nic you want to use to vmnet0.

Then the behaviour will be predictable.

0 Kudos
burgerre
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

is it possible, to deactivate the other adapters with a commandline-script?

we have npcap lookback adapter and VirtualBox-Adapter in the automatic bridging settings on several PC's.

my wish is to disable these two adapters with a script, so that only the local ethernet connector is active.

Because there are several PCs in the school, I would like to do that with a script.

Do you have an idea?

Vielen Dank.

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Hi

Please check if you put your VM network to another vmnet with configured DHCP, can you assign IP to the VM or not.

and also is there any physical device that can obtain IP address from your windows server 2012?

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
ajayrawat111
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Continuum,

Thanks for the update. kindly provide physical nic means do i need to have physical device. or please explain deeply. i want to get it resolved any help will be help full.

0 Kudos
ajayrawat111
Contributor
Contributor

i do not understand that means . i am new to here. kindly explain me what i need to do if there is any document is there i can follow i will be very happy

0 Kudos
louyo
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What is the result of

ipconfig/all

on both the VM and the  host?

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

This is what I want you to check it out ... exactly

Look at to the below picture

DHCP.png

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos