VMware Communities
iqworks
Contributor
Contributor

VM scrolling not working but other VM’s do

hi,

I am using VMware Workstation 17 pro 17.0.0 build-20800274.

Windows 10

I am using two security onion versions.  the VM with version “securityonion-2.3.190-20221207.iso“ seems to have scroll working. TVM using “securityonion-2.3.250-20230519.iso “ seems to be the one with the problem. 

Both on windows 11 .It works for one VM (2.3.190-20221207 ). But not on  the other VM (2.3.250-20230519iso  ) scrolling does not work and has no scroll bar.

he scroll used to work in the terminal where I use my commands. But now its not. On my windows 11, the page up /down are not over the keyboard.

On my windows 10 the scroll page up/down works. 

On my windows 11, the scroll page up/down are shown as the 9 and 3 number keys. it also has a page up/down arrow keys showing page up/down between the ctrl and insert keys. I use these to get the last command. 

On my widows the page up/down keys are on the top of the keypad.

There must be some place in VMware Workstation where I can enable it? I have other VM's show a scroll bar and scrolls. another that does not have a scroll bar, but scrolls with the mouse.

where are the settings for these in VMware Workstation? Seems like it is a problem for a vm, not VMware Workstation.

my other VM's dont seem to have this issue. I see posts with many suggestions, but none help. 

is this a VMware, linux centos 7 or other issue maybe?

thanks for any advice or suggestions.

0 Kudos
0 Replies