VMware Communities
TommyFreddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VM as a LAN router

Hi all.

What I'm trying to do is to configure a Linux guest in a subnet with a router and the host on another sub with the guest, completely isolated from the original router.

I create a VM with two bridged NIC's - one on a 10.0.0. and another one 10.0.1.

So far so good. I configure the host NIC at 10.0.1. and leave the Virtual Host-Only adapter with it's default settings (192.168.56.1).

For some reason the guest won't route traffic from the host. I'm able to ping host -> guest and guest -> host, but that's all. It might be an iptables problem, even though I've double and triple checked it look's OK.

Any ideas are highly appreciated, or if there is a thread related to such config, please give a link, because I couldn't find it.

Thanx!

Take care!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

These ip-adresses are not valid (10.0.0 and 10.0.1), could you clarify and also add your subnet-masks to be able to properly digest the problem.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
TommyFreddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

10.0.0. This is may network address,

This is look like 10.0.0.xx

Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Could you clarify and also add your subnet-masks to be able to properly digest the problem.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos