VMware Communities
Ritz79
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM Workstation New Boy Needs Help!

Hi Everyone... first post so be nice...

I'm trying to set up a basic Unified Communicationscluster, i'mon the first server and i'mtrying to get the network working... I've setup VMNet2 to bridge with a spare nicon my desktop so i can connect the cluster to the outsideworld and i need to set up DHCP on this network but every time i go to the DHCP settings it forces me to use a 192.168.255.0 subnet, and i can't change this... any ideas? Plus does anyone have any experiencein general setting up CiscoCall Manager 6.0 or above using VMware</span>?

Thanks all...

Rich

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
guyrleech
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

The DHCP server provided with VMware only provides DHCP addresses to NAT and host-only networks. The idea with bridged connections is that it will get an IP address from existing DHCP servers on your LAN or you use a fixed IP address as would be the case of a physical machine on the same LAN segment.

---

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

-- If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
guyrleech
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

The DHCP server provided with VMware only provides DHCP addresses to NAT and host-only networks. The idea with bridged connections is that it will get an IP address from existing DHCP servers on your LAN or you use a fixed IP address as would be the case of a physical machine on the same LAN segment.

---

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

-- If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos
Ritz79
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ah ok, thats great thanks allot ;o)

0 Kudos