VMware Communities
blacktusk
Contributor
Contributor

VM Workstation Memory Error

I get this error....

Not enough physical memory is available to power on this virtual machine with its configured settings.

To fix this problem, increase the amount of physical memory for all virtual machines to 4116 MB or adjust the additional memory settings to allow more virtual machine memory to be swapped.

If you were able to power on this virtual machine on this host computer in the past, try rebooting the host computer. Rebooting may allow you to use slightly more host memory to run virtual machines.

I have allowed VM WORKSTATION to allocate 8Gig of memory to all VM's. I have one VM runnning, or trying to run and it says I dont have enough memory to run it. I have check my computer processes and only using 2.2Gig.

I am running windows 8. Everytime I ask the VM to boot the memory it asks me to set for the VM changes as well.

Strange.....

Any help?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you using Workstation 10.0.3 on Windows 8.1 with the latest updates?  If so, try updating to version 10.0.4 to address this problem.

--

Darius

a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please check whether Workstation 10 issue with recent Microsoft Windows 8.1 Update is what you are experiencing. If this is an update to VMware Workstation Version 10.0.4 (see VMware Workstation 10.0.4 Release Notes) should help.

André

blacktusk
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your replies. All sorted now.

0 Kudos