VMware Communities
elfleda
Contributor
Contributor

VM Ubuntu 18.04 report “Kernel panic – not syncing: Attempted to kill init exitcode=0x0000000b”

Hi All: I get the following error prompts says "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. Power off or reset the virtual machine." And then it shows “Kernel panic – not syncing: Attempted to kill init exitcode=0x0000000b” It happens when I start the VM of Ubuntu 18.04 after I enforcedly ended the "VMware Workstation VMX" task from Microsoft Window's task manager. Before that I modified "/etc/ld.so.conf.d/x86_64-linux-gnu.conf " by inserting "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glibc-2.28/lib" before "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu" and then I got an error says "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" when run any command. Now I cannot get into the desktop of the VM Ubuntu 18.04. I cannot fix it but I have important software in this VM. Could you please help me to fix it ? Thanks and Best Regards! elfleda
elfleda
0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thread reported so moderators know it should be moved to the area for Workstation Pro or Player, the {code} area is for SDK matters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos