VMware Communities
knowhows
Contributor
Contributor

VM Question

Anyone faced this problem? Have a Q....Situation is the following > Having 2 VM on 1st Desktop working simultaneously. Need 1st VM to go through Ethernet cable and 2nd through WiFi network card. Tried to setup few things in VM Network Adapter, but did not work or I did something wrong? Can anyone help me to resolve this problem? (

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Which VMware product is hosting the VM, and are you using NSX or not?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I assume that you are using VMware Workstation Pro?

What you need to do, is to configure the settings in the Virtual Network Editor:

1. Change "Bridged to:" from "Automatic" to the wired network adapter for VMnet0
  2. Create another bridged VMnet adapter and select the wireless adapter form the "Bridged to" dropdown list.

Once done, edit the "wireless" VM's settings, and map its virtual network adapter to the newly created VMnet adapter.

André

0 Kudos
knowhows
Contributor
Contributor

1) VMware Workstation Pro

2) Not using NSX

0 Kudos
knowhows
Contributor
Contributor

Correct. Using VMware Workstation Pro. Thanks for advice, will try to set it up and let you know the results 😉

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No idea why you created your post in the NSX area, I see a moderator has moved it for you now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos