VMware Communities
DDuffy1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM Player Win10 TP displaying same wallpaper.

Running VM Player v. 6.0.2 in Win 8.1.  Installed Windows 10 TP as a VM for eval of Win10 TP.  Install seemed to go just fine using suggestions about settings and install choices others found successful.

However, both VM and 8.1 desktop wallpaper want to match each other no matter what I try.  I want each to use different wallpaper to help identify as I demo them.  When I change one then the other shortly converts itself to the same wallpaper.

I have a number of other VMs that run without experiences this activity so this seems to be related to just Win10 VM.

I am logging into both using my Microsoft account so I suppose that could be the culprit though I don't see how or why the MS account would also retain the desktop wallpaper of one machine to apply to all.  I can certainly log into a number of machines using that account but shouldn't each machine retain its own local wallpaper choice?

Has anyone resolved the same experience??

Thanks for the suggestions,

Dennis

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I don't have a Windows 10 VM handy right now to try it out, but check if this page helps you figure out (and/or control) what's going on: Sync settings between PCs - Windows Help

Cheers,

--

Darius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I don't have a Windows 10 VM handy right now to try it out, but check if this page helps you figure out (and/or control) what's going on: Sync settings between PCs - Windows Help

Cheers,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
DDuffy1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Dariusd that suggestion and link led me directly to the answer.

On BOTH the Win10VM and the host Win8.1 I went to SETTINGS and changed the OneDrive Sync Settings to NOT sync the background only and voila problem solved.  Changing one didn't resolve but changing both did.

The issue hadn't previously appeared in any of my other VMs since I did not sign into any of them with my MS Account.

Thanks again for the help,

Dennis

0 Kudos