VMware Communities
HarisK22
Contributor
Contributor

VM Ignores keystrokes in Workstation Pro 12

I am running Workstaiton Pro 12 on Windows 10/ 64 bit  with 32GB RAM

I imaged physical machine Windows7 64bit and tried to run it.

VM starts normally but it completely ignores keystrokes. It responds to mouse movement.

So after it boots , on login screen I am not even able to start login process (sending ctrl-alt-del).

I tried plugging USB keyboard and connect the USB port to VM still nothing.

I am able to activate 'on screen keyboard' using mouse but again, VM ignores any input from it.

What might be a problem.

I have the latest WSPro 12 .

0 Kudos
5 Replies
gimmely
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

re-install vmware tools.

0 Kudos
HarisK22
Contributor
Contributor

I can't login into VM to start the installation. Keystrokes are ignored as I said

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Just a swag.

Uninstall any software or drivers for a Synaptic track pad that might still be installed on the VM.

If you can't log in using remote desktop or an external keyboard then you might have to uninstall the Synaptic software before the P2V action.

Btw, the reason I am suggesting that it is Synaptic software interfering is because similar reports that have been posted here pretty much always turned out to be because of the Synaptic software or drivers interfering.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion

There is a "Send Ctrl-Alt-Del" at the VM menu.

Since you are able to activate on-screen keyboard, hopefully you are able to login. Generally Windows ignores the on-screen keyboard if it doesn't have a cursor positioned on a text box that is ready to accept text input.

0 Kudos
HarisK22
Contributor
Contributor

It does not work, any keyboard input from any source is just ignored by VM. Not even Paste from a CP buffer will work when using mouse. Just mouse movements and clicks are processed.

I do have Synaptic driver installed, I'll try to remove it as suggested

0 Kudos