VMware Communities
BuxEf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM Guest start up very slow for some users

Hi,

We have a desktop computer that hosts multiple VM images

In order to work on these VMs, we connect to the desktop using RDP and then use VMWorkstation to start the images

(The host machine in Windows 10)

After we finish with the image, we pause it (not shutting down)

For some users, the startup is very fast (seconds) and for some it can take up to an hour to start - for the same image

All the users are defined as Administrators on the host machine

Has anyone encountered such a problem?

Any idea on how to fix?

Any help will be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BuxEf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick response

Originally, I thought that it was related to the user, but they tried to connect with another user and had the same problem.

It seemed to be related to the software used for the remote desktop connection to the host machine.

One person was using mstsc.exe and the other using nRemote (and it didn't work).

I hope that now we won't have problems any more

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Is it specific to certain users but not others?

Have you done any kind of resource monitoring on the host system at the times when it works fast and when it works slow?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
BuxEf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick response

Originally, I thought that it was related to the user, but they tried to connect with another user and had the same problem.

It seemed to be related to the software used for the remote desktop connection to the host machine.

One person was using mstsc.exe and the other using nRemote (and it didn't work).

I hope that now we won't have problems any more

Thanks

0 Kudos