VMware Communities
zatara
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Using Cisco VIRL Imagines on VMware Workstation PRO

Hi,

I'm am just getting access to Cisco VIRL images so I can configure a complete network architecture with VMware Workstation Pro. I know there is a program called Maestro and one called GNS3. I'm a little confused if you use both of these or if they are competing products. That's my first questions. 

Also I'm wondering Once I have the core Router installed in the software, how exactly do I connect that router to have internet access? I'm hoping that's indeed possible so my network solution will have full network access. My overall goal is to install a core router, then a 7k, to a 5k, to the Fabric Interconnects, to the servers. Then I'll be able to install Cisco UCS Manager on them, and even install virtual machines connected up to it. I could install ESXi hosts and all that. (Once it gets to the ESXi part, that's where I'm golden).

Someone real good could probably do this entire thing in an evening, but for me it's going to take quite awhile since I'm not a network expert. But I'm hoping this project will help me learn a lot and help me on my goal to achieve a CCNA!

If anyone has any suggestions or help, I'd appreciate it. 

Thanks!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

These sound more like Cisco questions than anything VMware-related.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos