VMware Communities
jlumma
Contributor
Contributor

Upgraded to 16.2 and get this The device "hpet0" is not supported by current hwversion.

Upgraded to 16.2 and get this The device "hpet0" is not supported by current hwversion. running windows 10 host and windows 7 vm machine 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Syilmaz2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi;

I found this topic while searching for this solution, the same thing happened to me, the configuration file is available in the folder where VMWARE is installed, the name of the configuration file is Windows 10 x64.vmx, you may have a different name, I edited this and made the hpet0 in it FALSE, then it gave other errors, the same errors it gave I also set it to FALSE and it worked.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Always specify which VMware product you are using, and try finding the area of VMTN for that product to create your post.

From 16.2 I can tell it is Workstation Pro or Workstation Player in use.

I’ve reported to your thread, which should result in a moderator moving it to the area for Workstation Pro or Workstation Player.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
vince2258
Contributor
Contributor

I did find the configuration file.  This was in my Workstation 16.2 in the following path. 

D:\ucspe-4.1.2c\UCSPE   The configuration file is name UCSPE and it is a 4k file and it shows TYPE as 

VMware virtual machine configuration.   

D drive can be C;\ or wherever you are hosting your Cisco UCS download.   

I turned the TRUE to FALSE on the hpet0 line.

Thanks @Syilmaz2 for the direction to look.   

0 Kudos