VMware Communities
LazLong
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgrade to Windows version of 12.5.2 and now VMware Workstation Server terminates on start

I just upgraded to the Windows version of Workstation Pro v12.5.2 and now the VMware Workstation Server service terminates with event ID 7031 at boot and I have to manually start it. This happens at each boot. :smileyangry:

Anyone else see this? Anyone know of a solution? Remove and reinstall?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Remove, reboot and reinstall certainly is a good basic step to try.

Unfortunately event ID 7031 by itself doesn't say much:

Source: Service Control Manager
Type: Error
Description:
The <service name> service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this <n> time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in <no of ms> milliseconds: <action>.

Which is pretty much the same thing as what you said.

However if you go look at the eventlog and tell the exact text that was logged there for this event, it might give a clue at WHY this happened.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Remove, reboot and reinstall certainly is a good basic step to try.

Unfortunately event ID 7031 by itself doesn't say much:

Source: Service Control Manager
Type: Error
Description:
The <service name> service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this <n> time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in <no of ms> milliseconds: <action>.

Which is pretty much the same thing as what you said.

However if you go look at the eventlog and tell the exact text that was logged there for this event, it might give a clue at WHY this happened.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
LazLong
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No, the event text isn't useful:

pastedImage_1.png

I'll just download the 12.5.2 installer and hope that fixes it. I'm tired of manually starting the service.

0 Kudos