VMware Communities
BRI67
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade VMware 8.0.1 to 8.0.3

I have uppgrade VMware from 8.0.1 to 8.0.3

In 8.0.3 VMware start correctly but when i make "Power On" of my system this (OS X Lion) did not start completly.

Why ???

OR

How i can return to 8.0.1 that function very Correctly

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

FYI - running OS X inside a Workstation VM is not allowed by Apples EULA so we can not discuss such problems here.

0 Kudos
BRI67
Contributor
Contributor

Which hypocrisy,

I think that in the world there should be several hundreds of thousand persons which virtualise OS of Mac and I did not read, to my knowledge, in your contract of license this ban.

Because it is forbidden you pay off to me my purchase?

Well, truce of plaisenteries, I solved my problem and my OS works perfectly under VMWare 8.0.3 (problem of authorization, function that you created you even).

Nevertheless thank you for your answer

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

BRI67 wrote:

Which hypocrisy,

I think that in the world there should be several hundreds of thousand persons which virtualise OS of Mac and I did not read, to my knowledge, in your contract of license this ban.

The legal requirements for virtualizing Mac OS X Lion it that it be done under a Mac OS X Lion physical install on Apple-branded hardware and since VMware Workstation doesn't run under Mac OS X you'd need to use VMware Fusion installed under Mac OS X Lion on Apple-branded hardware to comply with Apple's SLA.

Have a look at: Apple - Legal - Hardware & Software Product Agreements

0 Kudos