VMware Communities
2charactersormo
Contributor
Contributor

Updating workstation in a closed network - receiving product update emails

HI

I have started using Workstation Pro 16 in a closed network (no internet access) and struggling to find out if there is a central management engine (server) for updating workstation, currently I have to RDP to each PC and run the full installer to update to a newer release.

Also is there a way of getting email notifications of new versions of Workstation Pro ? I registered my interest for workstation in my profile but I did not receive a notification when 16.1 was released, do I have to register workstation in 'my products' ?

Forgive me for the complete newbie questions but I have not found anything helpful on the VMWare site.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Centrally manage instances - there's nothing built-in. You could consider software which manages application installations/upgrades more generally such as Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager.

Email notifications - no idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos