VMware Communities
rocketero
Contributor
Contributor

Uninstalling VMware Wkstation 5.5.0 From Windows Vista Enterprise Nightmare

I happened to install VMware Workstation 5.5.0 on Windows Vista Enterprise Edition a while ago and it worked fine except from a warning message when u open the program that this version of VMware has compatibility issues with windows vista.

Anyway I stopped working with VMware for a few months, and now I decided that I wanted to uninstall this version to wait for another version of VMware for Windows Vista due to the version 6.0 build 45731 was giving problems by freezing up my computer.

Anyway I launched the uninstaller from the control programs (Programs and features in windows vista) and it starts to uninstall ok, but at the middle of the uninstall it gives a blue screen of death (BOD) and the culprit is the vmx86.sys file.

After rebooting I try to install the version 6.0 build 45731 of VMware to see if that would uninstall the 5.5.0 version already installed in my computer, but somehow it doesn't work and it says to uninstall it from the add/remove programs from the control panel which I already had tried several times with the same result of a Blue screen of death.

So the question is: How I get rid of this version of VMware from my Windows Vista Enterprise Edition ??

Any collaboration on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Racketero.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rocketero
Contributor
Contributor

PUFF!, After 15 or 25 retries to uninstall finally it let me do it. thank goodness.!!

Now I'll sit and wait for another version of VMware Wkstation that is compatible with Windows vista Enterprise Edition as the version 6.0 build 45731 is not compatible (Freezes the computer and has to be powered off-on)

0 Kudos