VMware Communities
Wildhair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unexpected Signal: 11

Greetings,

All of a sudden I am experiencing "Unexpected Signal: 11. This is not something I have found in the knowledgebase or in these forums and since my initial 30 days of support have expired, I am plain SOL in contacting or even submitting the information to support. (I could have sworn you at least had the option previously of submitting an error report and then being ignored since you weren't a paying subscriber, but now it appears that is not even an option)

From the log:

CDROM-LIN: AIOCallbackSGIO: Unexpected errno: Unknown error 4294967295 (-1)

Nov 18 14:55:47.546: vmx| CDROM-LIN: AIOCallbackSGIO: Unexpected errno: Unknown error 4294967295 (-1)

Nov 18 14:55:48.816: mks| MKSHostOps SHM create image failed

Nov 18 14:55:48.816: mks| MKSHostOps XCreateImage failed

Nov 18 14:55:48.856: mks| Caught signal 11 -- tid 10687

This is with the 6.0.2 10/18/07 build of Workstation. This started occuring after I upgraded to Suse 10.3 and the latest kernel revision 2.6.22. Initially I thought it may be because the CDROM drives were all now being referred to as /dev/sr* vs the old /dev/hd* scheme, but removing the CD Rom from the image failed to correct it.

Nor is this consistant. It seems I can start ONE VM at a time, but not any more. This is on a quad CPU AMD system with 6gigs of memory. This also occured with the 6.0.1 version as well, I removed it and installed the newer version after visiting the site to search for an answer.

Attached is the information creating using the vm-support command. I don't see anything that seems to point at one thing or another. Perhaps someone else has a suggestion.

This is extremely annoying and now I am a student, I don't have the cash to call and pay for support, so any help would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies