VMware Communities
dvillard
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to uninstall _P0_VMWare Workstation Pro (No-Op)

Sometime ago I apparently installed VMWare Workstation Pro on my Dell Win10 desktop. It does not appear in my programs or apps. I don't even remember using it. However, I am unable to update Windows 10 because this program is incompatible and is blocking it. I tried using Revo Uninstall to clean out all vestiges of VMWare on my computer (I did have an old VMWare Player) including the Registry and even my password manager, but this issue keeps appearing. Microsoft Support was unable to help and suggested reinstalling Windows, which I would prefer not to do since that means reinstalling all my programs. I hope someone can provide me with an Uninstall Tool for VMWare that will solve this problem. Thank you for any assitance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion

Have a look at this KB https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1308

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

> I tried using Revo Uninstall to clean out all vestiges of VMWare on my computer

That will make it tricky.

The referenced KB 1308 is known for being not detailed enough.

Do you have any rests of Workstation registry left to figure out the exact version number ?

To figure out the version number it may also help to post the exact file version of any still existing binaries.

If you can figure out the original version - get a copy of the original installer and let the installer do a repair or complete uninstall.

0 Kudos
kv183
Contributor
Contributor

1.I uninstalled the VMware15, it doesn't work

2.I use everthing.exe to search VMware,and find many folders and files in C: and other disk(like D:, F:...),and I only delete these items in C:, doesn't work...

3.I search VMware in the regedit, and find a lot of item, I deleted many of them. I left some strange items , I dare not to delete these strange items, doesn't work...

4.I search VMware by everthing.exe again, and I delete all of the items, such as in D:, F:, ...., It works!  The win10 update succeed to next step!

0 Kudos
ivanreisandrade
Contributor
Contributor

This is the most ridiculous error I have ever seen in the history of Windows.

I have done a clean install of windows. I'm expecting my programs to be uninstalled.

How does windows detect a program to be installed? Because its folder still exists. The program doesn't even work anymore due to expired license.

So my fix was to simply delete the VMWare folder I didn't even remember that I had. Pressed the try again button and it can now continue.

0 Kudos