VMware Communities
abhi1324
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to start CentOS7 VM

workstation_version.JPG Error_vmware.JPG Windows_version.JPG

Hello Guys,

I hope you are doing well!

I am facing an issue while starting the CentOS7 VM. Please find the below details:

Issue: Getting an error "VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware workstation". Please find the attached screenshot.

Troubleshooting steps performed:

1. I have turned off the Hyper-V feature and restarted the machine still the same issue occurred.

2. I have reinstalled the workstation and also confirmed that the Hardware Virtualization is enabled from the BIOS. But still the same issue.

3. The Windows and Workstation version is

Can someone please let me know how to fix this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Abhilash

0 Kudos
9 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

What exactly did you turn off?

Please run bcdedit from the command line (in elevated mode) to see whether hypervisorlaunchtype is turned on, or off.

André

0 Kudos
abhi1324
Contributor
Contributor

hyper-v.JPGYes it is turned OFF

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

That's interesting. Can you confirm that you did a full power cycle after disabling the setting, i.e. not just a reboot, or fast boot?

André

0 Kudos
abhi1324
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I did both. I have the first shutdown of the machine and then turned on. I also tried by rebooting the machine.

- Abhilash

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

That's indeed strange.

So you disabled the setting in the boot option, uninstalled the Hyper-V role, and did a full power cycle.

Is a new vmware.log file created in the VM's folder, when you try to power it on? Maybe this file contains useful hints!?

André

0 Kudos
abhi1324
Contributor
Contributor

No there is no such file generated in the VM's folder.

Is there any settings that should be enabled to generate the log file?

- Abhilash

0 Kudos
Mits2020
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Is this solution relevant to your case? Re: ESXi 6.7U1 (& maybe 6.7) and CentOS 7 Guest OS Problem

0 Kudos
abhi1324
Contributor
Contributor

No this is not.

Please can somebody help me to resolve this issue.

- Abhilash

0 Kudos
Susie201110141
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Could you upgrade your workstation to 15.5.5 and try again?

0 Kudos