VMware Communities
muchiri
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to see local disks

Hello,
I have 3 local disks of different sizes, but i am unable to increase the datastores as i cant see them on the list, even after rescanning,

Please assist,

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You've posted the question about datastores in the VMware Workstation community!?
Can you please clarify whether the question is about another product (likely ESXi) or explain your issue in more details?

André

0 Kudos
muchiri
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Andre,

Pardon me if my question was not clear,

I am using VMware workstation, and i have 2 hosts, however, i am only able to see my C drive, and i have 2 more drives in my computer. I wanted to extend the datastore so that  i can have more room for the images i  intend to upload, or add more guest VMs, that was why i posted the question here, but i am open to be guided if this is not the right channel

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What you’re trying to do sounds specific to the host OS, and not related to Workstation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Are the additional drives formatted, and usable from the host OS?

>>> "and i have 2 hosts"
Are you actually talking about hosts, or virtual machines (VMs)?

>>> "I wanted to extend the datastore"
There's nothing like extending a datastore in VMware Workstation. You can however select the VM's location (drive/folder) when you create a VM, or even later move the complete VM's folder to another location (unless other VMs reference that VM, e.g. linked clones).

Maybe some screenshots of what you are trying to achieve, and where you're having questions may help.

André

0 Kudos