VMware Communities
IgorEremeev
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to restore this guest the target host does not support cpuid faulting

Hi,

A virtual machine in VMware Workstation 12 has been stoped on  a machine that has a CPU Intel Core i5 3210M. Then this VM was tried to be started on a different machine that has a CPU

Intel i7-8750H. But the start operation did not work. There was a message dialogue box with a messages.VT-D enable Intel Virtualization-Enablevmware 12.PNG

0 Kudos
52 Replies
IgorEremeev
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to restore, and not include a snapshot, maybe because of this?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I'm trying to restore, and not include a snapshot, maybe because of this?

Sorry, but I don't really understand what you mean by this. Don't you want to revert to a snapshot that you took earlier?

André

0 Kudos
IgorEremeev
Contributor
Contributor

I want to, but when I want to restore a snapshot, nothing happens, it just returns to the starting page

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Didn't the "You are here" tag in the VM's Snapshot Manager window move to the selected snapshot after you pressed the Decline "Discard" button?

André

0 Kudos
IgorEremeev
Contributor
Contributor

But you said to press "Discard"

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I fixed the typo in my previous post. The question remains the same.

André

0 Kudos
IgorEremeev
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, he moved, but not run

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Are you able to power on the VM now?

André

0 Kudos
IgorEremeev
Contributor
Contributor

when I just turn on the virtual machine, it turns on. But when I switch to the snapshot, it does not turn on

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

It's not supposed to power on automatically after switching to the snapshot in this case. The question is whether the VM can be powered on after switching to the mentioned snapshot, and comes up in the expected state.

André

0 Kudos
IgorEremeev
Contributor
Contributor

No, I turn on the power and I want to go to the snapshot, it just crashes. Do you have my snapshot working?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Ok, let's try this:

1. shutdown the VM
  2. go to the snapshot (click "Discard" if asked)
  3. power on the VM

If the doesn't power on, then please download the VM's current vmware.log, and attach it to your next reply.

André

0 Kudos
IgorEremeev
Contributor
Contributor

When I power on snapshot,nothing happens.I do it from Menu Snapshots,but shows that i'm on the right snapshot

0 Kudos