VMware Communities
jlachapelle
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to open file"xxx\wubdiws.vmdk : one of the disks in this virtual machine is already in use by a virtual machine or by a snapshot.

Unable to open file"xxx\wubdiws.vmdk : one of the disks in this virtual machine is already in use by a virtual machine or by a snapshot.

This is the error message I have when I try to open my virtual machine, I try going back to previous snapshot, it work when it's a snapshot from a powered-on state, but not if the snapshot was shutdown. Also If I revert to a snapshot that was powered-on I can't restart it after a shutdown. The only was I can access my virtual machine is by reverting to a snapshot, so right now I'm in trouble.

I reboot the host, upgraded to the last version, check for .lck folder without succes, I'm out of idea to fix this problem right now.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jlachapelle
Contributor
Contributor

Here's the file list

0 Kudos
jlachapelle
Contributor
Contributor

here's the dir list

0 Kudos
VijayGande
Contributor
Contributor

I had similar issue a while ago and able to resolve it by creating new .vmx file, which intern created bunch of associated files and able to boot the VM.

Check out the url: http://vkgande.blogspot.com/2010/07/vmware-kb-validating-vmx-settings-of.html

Regards,

Vijay Gande, MCSD, MCTS

0 Kudos