VMware Communities
lukeszabo01
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "qtcurve"

Hi everyone, I am pretty new to Linux, so I hope this is not entirely a noob question. I have installed VMWare 6.5.1 on my system, and all seemed to go ok, but then after installation when I try and run VMWare by the link, nothing happens, it never loads any screen, it just loads for about 20 seconds and then disappears, I then tried in the console, as both root and my user, and it gives the below error message:

Logging to /tmp/vmware-luke.szabo/setup-8037.log

(vmware-modconfig:8037): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "qtcurve",

/usr/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:72: error: unexpected identifier `colorize_scrollbar', expected character `}'

modinfo: could not find module vmmon

modinfo: could not find module vmnet

modinfo: could not find module vmblock

modinfo: could not find module vmci

modinfo: could not find module vsock

modinfo: could not find module vmmon

modinfo: could not find module vmnet

modinfo: could not find module vmblock

modinfo: could not find module vmci

modinfo: could not find module vsock

/usr/bin/vmware: line 31: 8037 Segmentation fault "$BINDIR"/vmware-modconfig --appname="VMware Workstation" --icon="vmware-workstation"

I thought it might have been an issue with my GTK 2.0 install, I have both 32bit and x64 of these, due to other dependencies, but no change. I am hoping someone can help me out here, as I really don't know where to look apart from what I have done and I can't seem to find any information onthe net, apart from others that have logged the issue with no response, so I was hoping I would have more luck here.

System Specs:

OpenSUSE x86_64 with 2.6.28.7-3.2 kernel

nVidia GTX260+ with 180.29 drivers

I use VirtualBox, but I have un-installed it in case this was causing the issues, but no luck, I have also set up XEN, but don't use it and I am also not sure if there is anything I need to disable that might be causing the issue.

Any help on this would be most appreciated, as I just want to try VMWare on my Linux system to see if it is worth using. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lukeszabo01
Contributor
Contributor

I have managed to finally track down a solution that was discovered by another user, I have attached the link below in case anyone else has the same problem:

http://www.vioan.ro/wp/2009/03/02/vmware-workstation-651-on-opensuse-111/

0 Kudos