VMware Communities
NotVerified
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to install VMware Workstation 15 at Windows 10

Hej,

Trying to install  VMware-workstation-full-15.0.4-12990004 at a Windows 10 Pro x64 build 17763.437 device without success. Info (Error) pop-up with warning sign is shown, without any explanatory text.

Looking at the log file, OpenSSL seems to be failing. No other version of OpenSSL installed or referenced to at this device. Running openssl.exe from a (admin) CMD throws an error.

None of the advice found so far at this community helped resolving. Hope someone (VMware?) has.

Looking forward to your help!

Regards.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LikeVMW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try to install a VMware Workstation 14 and install it. Then update it to Workstation 15. Maybe It will work

0 Kudos
NotVerified
Contributor
Contributor

Hej LikeVMW,

Thank you for your reply, appreciated.

It took while before I could respond as I had to restore my laptop first. Never the less, back again. The installation of VMwWS 14 went well, after a reboot however the VMware Tray app couldn't start. Naif as I was updated the version to 15 and there is where it went wrong. Even restoring to an earlier (manual created restore point before installing VMwWM) restore point was challenging.

So, now (after updating Windows 10 to the latest, installing the latest .NET Framework and DirectX) the VMware Tray crashes (0xc000007b), and VMware Workstation is still not starting.

Back to square one ... any ideas on how to tackle, or what to look for are welcome!

Regards.

0 Kudos