VMware Communities
bschaab
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to communicate with WIN10 Host

Hello,

New I am new to the community and trying to set up my VMware 15Pro.  Currently have a WIN10 host with Pro installed, running two instances (one for Security Center, the other for Nessus) in and Air-Gapped environment (need it strictly for ACAS scanning).  I am able to ping both instances from the host but unable to reach the host from the inside VM, both instances can talk back and forth.  I have disabled all firewalls (windows defender and VM firewalls), and tried everything I could find via google.  Any pointers you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What types of network connections do the VMs have? (host only, bridged, NAT, or something custom)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
bschaab
Contributor
Contributor

Currently one of my instances is running Bridged and the other is running host.  That was the only way I was able to get the Host to ping the VMs.  I also have VMnet0 - Bridged, VMnet1 - Host, and VMnet8 - NAT. 

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Well, if your VM is configured to use Host-Only communications, that is what you will get... no connection to the outside world (LAN, Internet, etc.) or other VMs.

0 Kudos
bschaab
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, can you suggest a configuration that might work?  I change them both to NAT and I lose connection between the VM's and unable to ping from VMs to host but I am able to ping between host and VMs.  

0 Kudos