VMware Communities
vamshi789reddy
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Ping the Virtual Machines in Vm workstation 10

Hi I am new to VM Workstation, I had configured two Virtual Machines with windows 2008R2. when i try to ping both of them but unable to get ping. I dont have knowledge on Virtual Network Editor,Please help me out so that both can communicate .../Vamshi

Vamshidher Reddy
0 Kudos
7 Replies
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion

Try to disable Windows firewall on both VMs and also on the host machine. Use bridged network if you want to ping from outside.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
vamshi789reddy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Marcelo, Firstly thanks for the reply , I had  disable windows firewall on both Vms but still the same Issue . Can you tell me what to take Network connections ( Bridge/NAT/Host only/Custom/LAN segment ) and Virtual Network Editor .

Vamshidher Reddy
0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

As far as Networking goes you need to read Chapter 5 "Configuring Network Connections" in Using VMware Workstation (PDF) so as to have a better understanding of the VMware Virtual Network Infrastructure and then decide how you want to configure the network adapter in the VM although NAT should work out-of-the-box, so to speak.

Also have a look at: Understanding networking types in hosted products (1006480)

0 Kudos
waniane39
Contributor
Contributor

any luck, same issue here

0 Kudos
vamshi789reddy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Woodyz, Thanks issue resolved now i am able to ping the Virtual machines in VMworkstation.,,,,,,,/Vamshi

Vamshidher Reddy
0 Kudos
vamshi789reddy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Waniane, After 12hours i got the solution now i am able to ping the VMs in Workstation. First Go to Virtual Network editor and Add or Edit on Host only network(Ex: VMnet7) and uncheck the DHCP.

Secondly go to Virtual Machine Setting and Choose Host -only (VMnet7).

Third assign static ip in windows now u can able to ping .....

Vamshidher Reddy
0 Kudos
TommyFreddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You have to configure Bridge mode or NAT for your NIC. This might be help to configure best way , http://www.vmware.com/support/ws4/doc/network_configure_ws.html

0 Kudos